View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Endgame
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nothing Now!
Endgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMJane_Again View Post
The M3 comparo is off the mark anyway. The comparison should be between the 370Z and M Coupe and Cayman S. If you look at these cars, you get a clearer picture of Nissan's intent: Delivering a 2 seat coupe that has the numbers needed to hang with the focused, German 2 seaters. Take the 0-60 times with a grain of salt, as already suggested. Look at lb/hp, skidpad, and slalom. When you figure the closest direct competitors are 20K+ above the price of the Nissan, you begin to realize it's a steal.

S.
Good points.. of course.... Actually the BMW M coupe weighs the same as a base model M/T at 3230!!! What I do not understand is how the Z has the 54/46 weight distribution but the BMW has 50/50. That inline 6 is pretty heavy and it's a shorter car. How did BMW get 50/50 or is that just a claim just as Nissan says the Z is a perfect 50/50 with out of corner acceleration...? Any help?

Also, Road and Track's comparo did state the Z matched the Cayman S on the track, staying with it in the twisties. I do not care how fast the new Cayman S is so as long as the Z can stay with it in the twisties. I can mod the Z to be as fast as the Cayman S otherwise; all I need is a few more ponies!!
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote