View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
autopc25
Base Member

Drives: 2008 C6
autopc25 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
\
You can find Vettes all day long at invoice or below and $42K is certainly doable if you go light on option packages.. Check the corvette forum for participating dealers. bought my '08 for invoice at MacMulkins in New Hampshire (great dealer). they are very different cars. I don't miss the Vette!

The C6 is a exceptional car for the price and it gets better each year. My 08 has much better steering feel and is much more confidence inspiring then my 07 was, overall the 08 is a much better car. The C6 is a excellent street and occasional track day car. I never had any issues with engine over heating or out running the brakes on track days. Lousy seats are my only real gripe with the C6. Road feel could be better also but it is hard to complain for the price of admission.

The Z seems to be high on the fun to value ratio also. I agree the C6 and 370Z are very different cars. Many cars are as fun to drive but in very different ways. Having owned both what do you like and dislike about each? How would you compare the steering feel and balance? Which would you say is more confidence inspiring? I only had a brief test drive recently in a base Z and it was good enough for me to consider one! I assume the C6 brakes are better then the non-sport pads of the Z from Car and Drivers experience? How is the over heating issue for the Z?

It would be great to hear back from someone who actually owns both.

Thanks!

Last edited by autopc25; 08-29-2010 at 09:16 AM.
autopc25 is offline   Reply With Quote