View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
JPotter
Base Member

Drives: 05 Subaru STi
JPotter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
You can always tell who the inexperienced auto-x'ers are on the track because they make sudden jerky steering inputs and brake inputs. As anyone who has been on a track will tell you, those are both nono's.
Fixed it. You have to watch out for those that don't know any better. Personally, I've never met an auto-x driver that is jerking the car around @ speed. They shouldn't be on a track if they don't know any better.

Jerky inputs are also a no-no for auto-x. Inexperienced drivers may feel that jerky inputs are faster (you may feel a higher initial G spike, but the jerky inputs will bring you average G holding down vs. smooth inputs). I used to do the same - but never on a track.

That is one of the first things an advanced course such as EVO school will teach you.

But that is also why some Auto-X'er never get beyond mediocre drivers, and watch out if you are seeing these drivers try to bring that to the track, which like you say is a no no. They must not know any better.

But not all auto-x drivers have bad track habits. Thanks to Auto-X, road tracks feel like slow motion to me because I'm used to the faster pace of Auto-X.
JPotter is offline   Reply With Quote