View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Right now the Z is the light of the asian market. Without viable Z sales. We can forget about the Rx7 or Ft-86, etc etc... so its important the Z sells in order for other companies to want to create competitive cars. As a former RX7 owner. I am praying for the 2012 mazda rx7. And I am dying to see the Z and rx back on the track dukin it out.(even though I may be the Z owner this time) The Rx8 was a disappointment to us rx7 owners.... I know if the Z fails? The likelyhood of these carscoming here are grim
I don't know about you guys? But I love all sports cars. I respect the hobby and love a little friendly "RESPECTFUL" competition between the sports cars. The Z is the japanese mustang. Not by volume, but by heritage. They gotta sell decent numbers to keep the whole industry viable as a market.
^ I totally agree. As much as we hate seeing more 370Z's we need to respect the reason why Nissan is even continuing with making cars like the Z. If not enough people buy it, they'll end up like Toyota which decided to go a different route with their car line ups. I'm sure most people didn't like the idea of them ending the Supra. Similar with Honda ending their NSX, S2000 and replaced them with fuel efficient cars like the CR-Z (which I don't think cut it for a sports car). I am dying to see the next RX-7.

I'm sure we all either want to be unique or be one of the first to own therefore the less 370z we see the more it stands out to the people that doesn't own one.

I admit, I like it whenever someone that sees my Z for the first time and goes "wow, that's a nice looking sports car" because it caught their attention. After all, I did buy the 370z for that reason - rare compare to other class around the same value. But I can't be the only one hogging that attention, unless I can afford something more rare like the Zonda or FXX and even then, which I'm sure you're prolly in a different class (financially), there'll be other people in that group of circle you're with (like celebrities for example) you'll be upset with because you're not unique anymore.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote