View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
JoeyD
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISMO 370Z
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute

Crack VVEL, first and foremost.

As for these cars "needing FI". I'm throwing the BS flag. I still believe we can make 400+ Flywheel HP NA. Don't get me wrong, turbo cars are the most fun you can have behind the wheel, but even the best systems add weight and maintenance headaches. You should also consider that the stock torque curve (very flat) is the reason the Z is such and easy car to drive fast. You can kiss that goodbye with turbo. A SC will maintain a stock-like torque curve, but again adds weight.

Cobb, how about some titanium springs, valves, retainers and an 8000K+ RPM redline? I'm guessing another 30-50HP could be squeezed out on revs alone. With a good VVEL tune and maybe an exhaust cam, look out M3.