Thread: Oil Change
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #57 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
True. Either way, this is why I do my own oil changes. With the 370, another thing to worry about is the fact that they have to remove the undertray to do an oil change. My specific concern is that they might get lazy and not put all 21 bolts back into place afterwards. It is a PITA with 21 bolts, after all, and I can see the temptation for someone to cut corners and leave a few of them off, especially when it's not their car, know what I mean?
It's not 21, It's 16 bolts and 3 snaps , there's 6x 10mm with phillips heads along the front, 3 of the same down each side, 4 slightly different ones (no phillips, but still 10mm) along the back, and then 3 snaps in a row through the middle. I've learned it by heart now, I think I've taken that thing off like 8 times already. Last time I didn't even jack the car up, I just laid down on the floor by the front bumper, reached under, and did it blind by feel.