View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-370z View Post
RCZ: If this comment was to me, than yes I will crank the boost up but not until I get the motor rebuilt. By this time the car will be a garage queen. I dont plan on changing the bore I want to keep it at 3.7. The first thing I will get when I get the car back is a HKS suspension, then a new clutch but I am still searching for a clutch that I will like. Dont want the clutch pedal to be too tough to push down, and I dont want tons of chatter. I think I could get a "good" 6 months out of the stock clutch but I will have a new one by then. Sam said one guy got 11 months on the stock clutch paired with a set of their turbos.
Yep it was for you. If you are searching for a clutch you might want to keep an eye on my journal. My friend is installing mine as we speak. It has got a bunch of great reviews as far as feel such as this one:

Quote:
It's a full face clutch rated for 740 foot pounds! Comes with the standard alignment tool, clutch disk, pressure plate, and throw out bearing. The disk itself is manufactured by Exedy (Exedy was chisled in the center piece). Also, it's a spring-loaded disk.

I've had it on for a few weeks, and the engagement is AWESOME. DEFINITELY slippable, and muuuuuch easier on the leg as far as clamping force compared to an ACT 6 puck clutch that I roasted some time ago.

So far, I havent' clutch dumped, and don't plan on it anytime soon. But even from slipping it, I've still managed to spin the tires some, and that time was not a serious launch either. This is definitely daily-driver friendly. No issues at all. Granted, it's not as light as a stock one, but then again, you don't need to use your hip to depress the clutch either.

I'd recommend this to anyone, even BPU guys although that is probably overkill a bit! Haha... but really, this clutch is great so far... I'm DEFINITELY happy with the product... so far.
So as you can see...it can hold a good amount of tq too which should be ok for you (for now at least). Let me know if you are interested since I can get a good deal for fellow Z owners. Same goes to anyone else looking to get a clutch.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote