View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
^ I don't know about that. Because, of the longer rods in the VHR it sounds alot like a big V8. With the right exhaust tunning we could get a corvette-ish sound (minus the extra 2 pops). That being said, it's not so much the number of cylinders that give a car a "muscle" sound it's the cam. Big Cam=Big Lope. Lope is muscle.
I'd say the VQ sounds a lot more like a low-displacement, high-compression V8 than a high-displacement, lower-compression (although, is 11:1 or 11.5:1 really "low"? lol) V8. By no means do I find the VQ a displeasing sound at all by the way, I like it a lot.

Although, saying a big cam = big lope isn't QUITE correct - lope is much more dependent on LSA. My 224/224 cam in my LS1 is a baby cam really, yet it had quite a bit of lope since I opted for the 112 LSA instead of, say, the 114 LSA. But, it is true that bigger cams tend to have a nice lope to them more often than not , and that noise is always music to the ears...

Last edited by MightyBobo; 04-10-2009 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Oopies, might want to actually say what I meant...
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote