View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drisko View Post
I would of course like the staged maps too...but I'll put out one suggestion for a hard part: An intake system with easy to change filters that still sucks cold air.

For example, you could start with a traditional short ram system, but just enclose the filter elements in a plastic box that has a tube coming out the bottom leading to a cold air source. I know this sounds sort of like the stock intake system, but it would have 3 important differences: bigger intake piping, higher flow filters, and no resonators like on the stock system.
The drop ins flow as well as after market filter on a stick and as I have stated on another thread, I doubt that you even come close to sucking as much air as the drop ins can flow. They are equal in intake temps as long tubes and if you want a larger MAF section (larger tubes all around I dont think accomplish anything) then just get some aftermarket ones. Also I think if you have a tune the larger MAF isnt needed either, but not too sure about that one. All I think that is needed is for nissan to bling up the stock intake to make it look aftermarket.