View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #203 (permalink)
schrute
Track Member

Drives: my z every day
schrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura about

I installed these bulbs today in the headlights. I've changed all the other white bulbs in my car to 6000k LEDs and these were the last ones I needed to complete the look. Install was pretty easy, here's how it went:

1 - Jack up car and remove front wheels (the bulbs can probably be replaced without removing the wheels but it's easier to just remove the wheels and have a lot more room to work IMO)

2 - remove the plastic pop connector at the front of the fender liner (removed in this pic)

3 - remove the bolt just under the bottom of the fender liner under the car (just in front of the tire in this pic)

4 - pry the fender liner out to get access to the back of the headlight

5 - twist the headlight bulb cover counter-clockwise a quarter turn then remove (big gray thing in this pic)

6 - remove the rectangular metal electrical connector by turning counter-clockwise a quarter turn

7 - from here it's just like any other bulb replacement, there's a spring clip that you release then the bulb comes right out. put in the new one and reassemble everything in the reverse order from above.

After installing these bulbs and driving around tonight the 6000k looks really good. I'm happy with the results.

second skin | mr works | fast intentions | ssr | eibach | hotchkis | spc | toyo | bluebatmobile | v-led | jwt | ventureshield | tinted tails

Last edited by schrute; 05-15-2010 at 01:39 PM.