View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
You can't loose torque and gain hp as one is a function of the other. I think what you are meaning to say is that you will lose low end torque and gain high end torque which will result in more peak HP at the expense of the low RPM range.
I strongly suspect this is the case, just based on my driving impressions. I think we are trading low-rpm torque for high-rpm torque with these headers. The car feels less torquey (less "jerk" if you will) at low rpms (idle to 3k -ish). It's actually kinda nice, since the car now drives smoother at grandma speeds in heavy traffic. Again, we'll see once we get some headers on the dyno.