View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe370z View Post
Open the hatch and usually the offending panel will be the one closest to the roof. So what you do is have a look at the join in the panels and you will see it has tabs that lock into the plastic trim next to it. So all you do is push the panel so the tabs come out of the other trim piece and then pull it away from the roof its got locking clips all the way along but they pull out very easily. You will see what I mean as you take the trim off. Then basically have a look at where the trim can touch any part of the car that would make it rattle and put double sided tape behind. Then reattach the panel and you should have a rattle free car

Where are you guys putting the double sided tape?
I took the hatch plastic apart today and it seems like it's only a thin edge of plastic contacting the metal of the hatch. I insulated and taped down the wires for the rear defroster hoping that was it, but fail again.

Pictures would really help!

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote