View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #50 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

We should sticky something about this and change the title so that new owners see it, this is going to be an issue for a *lot* of people I bet.

I just got back from visiting the service manager at my dealer. I gave him the rundown about the broken wheel stud report here, and the differing locking nut part numbers available from Nissan. Sure enough, they've been putting the wrong lock nuts on all of their 370's, not just mine. He had three more on the showroom floor already equipped with the wrong ones. He's ordering a bunch of replacements for all his stock and for my car (and hopefully for anyone else that has purchased in the meantime, I didn't ask or think to until I got home).

He gave me some plain wheel nuts (of the correct type) to put on my car for now and offered to install them himself, but I said I'd do it when I got home.

He says Nissan never notified them about the availability (much less *requirement* apparently) of different lock nuts for the 370Z's wheels. They had never heard of the part before I walked in and told them to look it up. They've been using the same "standard" locknuts they use on every car. I think it's fair to assume a lot of dealers are going to be in the same clueless boat about this.