View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
Dont get me wrong the Stang is a great handeling car, but its still uses old technology like the solid rear. I cant believe they put a 6spd in it lol. Anyway I bet the Z would do just fine up against a Stang on the track. Look at the stats. Besides MotorTrend that got crazy high numbers some how 12.8 in the 1/4 the Stang is just about as fast as the Z.
A little more history......They put the 6sp in it because the consumer asked for it because many folks modify from 3.55's to 4.10's. Having 5 gears with 4.10's would cause straightliners to have to start in 2nd OR start in 1st and risk missing 2nd. With a 6sp it resolves that problem though 1st gear still gets sucked up almost immediately at the start.