View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I doubt it gives much downforce... its more than likely a spoiler rather than a wing. In which case, it is breaking up the airflow so air doesnt stick to your rear window and cause drag.

Would work even better if it were a vortex generator ala the WRC ones that made their way into the aftermarket scene.
Not to nit pick but the vortex generator on the EVO MR was not aftermarket. It came on MR models factory. Black on the 8 and painted on the 9. I had a 9 MR. I get what you are saying though, I've seen some unfortunate examples on random cars that don't look good or functional. On the EVO they were to ensure air hit the rear wing.

OP, I like it. It's subtle.
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote