View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Nice vid semtex

He was being pretty responsible with it, don't worry

In a past life with a past car, I've hit similar speeds along a certain freeway corridor in TX, I think, maybe, but not really, errr... It's a real adrenaline rush, which is why nobody cruises like that for very long at a stretch. The adrenaline would eventually cause a heart attack. It's not like the sterile environment of doing it on a track - there's a lot more "what if" 's to worry about.

I can safely admit to 117mph in that car though, since that was the value written on a speeding ticket I once received a few years ago, so that's already old news to Johnny Law. The cop let me drive away with the ticket though. He was pretty cool about it all things considered. He made a very pointed comment about the number of seconds my brake lights were lit up before he could get a solid lock on me with his instant-on radar, and how many dollars that saved me.

As I've aged I'm just not willing to take the risk very often anymore though (the legal risk, I mean). I've only had the Z up to about 110 so far, but then I woke up because it was all in a dream .