View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #92 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05 View Post
03threefifty, despite what some say on here about the 350 guys, knows his shyt, even my shyt and is a good guy , lol

yea DA was 1050' ish , the low MPH i believe is due to me not taking the gears as far as I should and granny shifting due to the tire sway I was getting. The car felt as if it was floating on water or huvvering, very hard to explain but didnt feel good at all, and I was very conservative to be honest.

I used OEM 300ZX wheels with M/T ET Street Slicks ( not the drag radials ) I did not do burnouts or go through the water, I just went around and did a rolling burnout or two. Def not a good time for these tires as far as 60 foot goes. I need to figure out how to disable ABS or get a line lock to do burnouts. 26x10.5 on 16 inch wheels... Its a super tall soft sidewall, not for the everyone with stock rubber up front. As soon as I sell my f.i. LTH group buy spot , I am going to order the street drag radial in the same size so I can feel safe and confident going down the strip.

I plan to improve it soon, but i keep writing this. No more excuses but give me a month the time and mph will get a little better. It was only the 2nd time out, and first ever on slicks with no skinnies. So I am still getting used to the car and learning.
Slicks? YOU SUCK!

Just kidding. Pretty good for your first time out w/ slicks, 2nd time ever. Keep practicing...seems like you've got a handle on it. Hope the pumpkin doesnt blow lol.