View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #47 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinysumo View Post
Ive also got the Stillen cbe with berk HFC's. I bought it from a member here on the boards and got a pretty good deal on it. I must say I've been really happy with it since day 1. No problems with the fitment or install. Its plenty loud enough for me and also has virtually no drone. Wierd how some people want their car even louder cuz I'm usually the one always wanting something louder. I used to have a full catless wrx with a full race exhaust(no resonators) and the stillen/berk hfc fills my need in terms of loudness goes. It really opens up when you get on it. Maybe I'm just getting old haha....

The only real gripes I have about it is the tips stick out further than I'd like. I know for some ppl it's lined up pretty flush with the bumper but mine does stick out a bit. I don't mind the large tips, I"m just not too crazy about them sticking out further when looking at it from the side. The only other thing is the catback is pretty heavy. The muffler weighed a good amount more than the stock muffle and I was pretty suprised when installing it. But overall I really like it and wouldnt trade it today for the FI, Invidia or berk.
Its surprising that some people have this issue and others don't when the exhausts are all made with the same jig. So that kinda leads me to believe that it comes down to how far in you stick the muffler section into the split joints. Wonder if the folks who have this problem just didnt stick it in far enough. Not that its a bad thing, it just might be a possible answer.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote