View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #34 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Excellent post Semtex. I'm eager to see the results of your testing. Another thing I'd like to add though is that exhausts are a very subjective mod. Yes there might be a difference in power (and we all want more power), but at the same time there is an equally important aspect (in my opinion) which is sound. After all, you are going to be listening to it every time you get into your car. I would say its relatively safe to say you should probably look for something you like rather than what makes marginally more power.

With that said, I personally like the sound of my Stillen a bit more than the other exhausts I've heard so far. I would really have to see a gain of 20-30whp to say I would sacrifice sound over performance and I simply don't see that happening with any newer and better exhaust out there. Maybe once Forced induction becomes a factor and if the Stillen actually becomes a bottleneck (which I don't think it will) it will be worthwhile to change it. Otherwise I don't regret my purchase.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote