View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #31 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I have the Stillen and can give an honest answer.

When I bought my exhaust, there was no waiting. I wanted something then and it was my best, fastest option. The FI was out then as well, but I didn't want a 4 week wait and there were floating rumors of drone that I will 100% NOT tolerate. So, for fear of drone and getting something I couldn't live with, I went with Stillen over FI. Berk wasn't an option as it was about 6 months down the pipeline still.

Having lived with my Stillen since September, I'm extremely happy with it. I like their large tips and haven't had any problems during install or thereafter. I felt the HFC addition was necessary as I wanted a little more volume out of the exhaust, and the addition did exactly that. For me, it's the perfect level of sound and 'fun'. It rewards a throttle stomp, sounds good at idle and never has any drone.

Would I switch for an FI now or before? No. I still don't want drone and the reviews are more concrete that the FI CBE with HFCs will get you some. Would I wait for the Berk or get that instead now if I could do it over? Potentially. I've heard the Berk in person and it sounds really nice. Lower and louder than the Stillen (both with HFCs). I like the Berk's sound, but I prefer the Stillen tips which I think would lean me to reorder Stillen again. There wasn't any drone with the Berk which makes it a viable option for me, but it's definitely louder inside the car when you're driving. JB1 last mentioned he plans to dynomat because the interior sound is just a bit on the loud side for long trips. No drone, just louder inside the car. In the end, I think Stillen and Berk would be a coin flip for me, but I have no regrets with my Stillen whatsoever.
I think the Berks sound really nice.

One exhaust that I think gets overlooked is AAM Competition's CBE. Two of the guys at our weekly meets have the AAM CBE and HFCs and the cars just sound fantastic. I think my FI sounds amazing, but holy crap, that AAM exhaust is amazing too. I drove one of their cars a couple weeks ago and that growl is just something else.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote