View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSS2008 View Post
I have been running the Takeda SRI for a while now. I figured I was pulling in a lot of hot air due to the fact the filter is under the hood. After getting the Cobb AP and monitoring intake temp I found this is true sitting in traffic it gets real hot 150F (not good) this is when outside temp was 71F. Well what I was not expecting was how quick the intake would cool off after being completely heat soaked in traffic. In other words after sitting at a stop light Intake temps at 150F outside temp 71F, I punch it to 80mph by the time I let off my intake temp is down to 85F, if I stay in the throttle it will get even cooler. Now if I am cruising the highway at 60mph intake temp is usually 15-17F over ambient temp. If I punch it and stay in the throttle to 90mph after cruising at 60mph my intake temp is 7-10F over ambient. So the best intake temp over ambient is 7F and the worse I have seen in major traffic was like 79F over ambient (Freakin Hot).

On a side note car just screams now with the Cobb AP AAM Tune I got yesterday, all grins over here!
Need new track times!
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote