View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
This morning I discovered that the locking lug on my passenger rear wheel has, for lack of better word, exploded. It appears that the stud stressed so bad that it exploded taking the outer portion of my locking lug with it. The dealer had to order a new stud and will have to use some special tool to remove what remains of the lug and stud.
Ouch. I had that happen on my Camaro one time when I was taking a right turn - happened on my front right wheel. Suddenly, the steering wheel was wobbling like crazy, and I was in "wtf" mode. Pull over, find the lugs missing, stud half gone, and the wheel VERY loose because the forces stripped the threads on the remaining studs. Getting those remaining lugs off was a PAIN.

Although...special tool? A press? Ironically, you can more than likely just pound them out with a hammer if its anything like my Camaros, and they come out SURPRISINGLY easy.

But, I guess it is a Nissan, and something may be different. Wouldnt hurt to let the dealer do it - they doing it for free I hope?