View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbratton View Post
I just called and spoke with Nissan about this issue. Although they were very polite, the call was not helpful. The woman on the other end could only tell me that there were no recalls and that I should talk to my dealer technician about extracting "maximum performance potential" from my vehicle. She also offered that we should not experience any of the overheating issues without violating the law. I guess I'll get the Stillen unit so I can enjoy a track day.
The "violating the law" thing is ridiculous and they should be called out on it. The most obvious counter is that track runs don't violate any laws, and that this car is very clearly targeted at a tracking crowd. But more to the point on the street: in a hot and humid climate, I don't think it would be too hard to get the oil temps up without violating speed limits. It's not like speed = oil heat. Constant cycles of hard accelerating and braking are going to heat the car up, which there are no traffic laws against.