View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
I really have to question how much an air charge could be heated by such a small section of the TB. I doubt this mod would have any significant effect. Think about how much area an intercooler uses to effect a change on a given air charge. It's huge in comparison to one tiny little section of TB. That system is there simply to keep the TB above freezing so it doesn't freeze open/shut.
I wonder too honestly. This mod is done on many different vehicles these days, and usually the claims are "1-2hp gain", which basically means too small to accurately measure. In any case any gains would be very situational, depending on the ambient temperature, coolant temperature, etc.

However, if you live in a place where TB freezing is never an issue, and it takes all of 15 minutes and a few small pieces of rubber and hose clamps to do this, then why not. 4 fewer hoses to fight with while I'm reaching around in there doing other things is a plus too