View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Hey wstar, you didn't by chance do this with the engine cold, did you? Because you're supposed to do oil changes with the engine warm, otherwise it can be nearly impossible to get the oil filter off. Also, not sure if you did this or not, but when you put a new filter on, you're supposed to smear a thin film of oil around the seal -- that helps make it easier to get it off when it's time for your next oil change.
Nope, this was done pretty hot actually. I came back from a fully-warmed-up drive and let it sit turned off for about 15 minutes to make it tolerable. And yes I oiled the seal on the filter, I'm not a total idiot