View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
schrute
Track Member

Drives: my z every day
schrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura about
Default Getting an alignment in a few days - input appreciated

I know I may get flamed from another alignment thread but after seeing my rear tires disappear in front of my eyes in the last couple thousand miles I would appreciate any input from you guys.

I installed eibach springs and a rear camber kit (new front tires too) about 3000 miles ago and immediately got an alignment. I went back about 500 miles later to get another alignment after the springs settled. To me it looks like the springs have settled some more since then so I'm going in on Tuesday to get another alignment.

Thing is I need new rears now too. Yoko Advan Sports (295/35-18) lasted about 8k. I know I drive a sports car and I know my driving style has something to do with it but I drive 60 miles all highway everyday and I was surprised how quickly these tires died over the last couple thousand miles. They didn't look too bad when I put the springs on.

Last alignment:

-1.4 front camber
0.08 front toe-in

-1.8 rear camber
0.15 rear toe-in

All of the above was at the alignment guys recommendation. When I was in ordering new rear tires (Toyo T1-R, 295/35-18) I told him I wanted to take out some rear camber to about 1.4/1.5 and although he said ok he didn't seem to want to go against what the computer (Hunter) was telling him. I asked about toe settings and he wants to leave them right in the middle of spec. What do you guys think?

The front tires look great. Nothing concerning after the first 3k miles.

One last thing. The Yokos had a treadwear rating of 180 while the Toyos are 280 so hopefully that helps them last a little longer as well. Otherwise I'll be buying new tires 2-3 times a year.

second skin | mr works | fast intentions | ssr | eibach | hotchkis | spc | toyo | bluebatmobile | v-led | jwt | ventureshield | tinted tails

Last edited by schrute; 04-19-2010 at 12:59 AM.
schrute is offline   Reply With Quote