View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbillings View Post
Not my first car, just my first 370z touring with sport package. To clarify, the $500-$650 per axle included replacing rotors. The brake pads were quoted at $225-250. I have since learned that the rotors shouldn't need replaced each time the brakes are replaced. So again, just trying to confirm that I would be able to use a generic or other brand brake pad rather than "nismo" pads. Another person said I could buy $81 NPN brake pads. Thanks.
You don't need the Nismo pads.
In fact, if you're just driving your car on the street, the "regular" OEM pads will do just fine for you.
In addition to the fact that the Sport package's staggered tires can't be rotated, filling up your tank with the recommended Premium fuel will cost you around $50 these days.
If you're overly concerned about the cost of ownership of this car (maintenance and consumables), you should probably look at something less expensive to maintain.
I've got a Mazdaspeed3 for sale that isn't quite as cool as a 370Z, but it's much easier to own

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote