Thread: Front Plate
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wescx View Post
I've been pulled over five times for various things, and I've never had front plates. 3 times the police didn't say anything. The other two times they just said "hey you need to get a front plate".

I believe in TX it's a pretty cheap "fix-it ticket" anyway. Could be wrong on that though.
I went 10 years without a front plate on my Trans Am in TX. Over the course of that time, I was pulled over a number of times for speeding, etc , probably averaged a little over 1 ticket per year. One time it was mentioned, as in "Hey you need a front plate, I won't ticket you, but some other ******* might, so you should put it on". Another time I got a written warning for it (which doesn't mean anything). Twice they actually added the "missing front plate" charge to my ticket, and I paid the fine for it, which was small. I still never installed that damn plate I wouldn't worry about it much in TX.