View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
tommyguns
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/Sport/Black/MT
tommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by antivirus6613 View Post
Anybody know how to manipulate the stock / factory navigation to use while driving?

Any software method or hardware?

The reason I as is because I have a stock Ford navigation in my Ford explorer and with a couple of button presses the developers menu can be opened enabling use while driving. Thought it might be the same with the z.
Ok did a little research, your going to have to find the speed sense wire. You need to break the speed sense wire going into the back of the head unit and install the switch in between that wire.
Here is the Infiniti harness which should be the same for the Nissan, check the owners manaul to be sure.
Ok here is the 09 harness behind the radio. You need pin 38, which is the VSS wire. It is Red. Simply use a toggle switch to open it and that will allow input while moving.

Infiniti FX Owners Forum (The Org) • Information
09 Sport / MB / 6sd / Nismo"R" Intake / Eibach Pro Kit / Z1 25 row cooler / JWT LW FW / New Short Block 3/11/11 /H&R 15fr 20rr/DBA 4000/FI CB with 12"res./Morel/JL/"Division"mod/SPC/EcuTek/M370/ZEX C SHOT/ART's/NRG
tommyguns is offline   Reply With Quote