View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
I do understand the first GTM 350z kits had issues. However, I have their latest kit and it is all numbered so you know where everything goes. Also, it's not that hard to piece one of their kits together I was able to lay the entire kit out on the floor in it's correct place so that I could make sure all the pieces lined up and that nothing was missing. So as far as I understand the kits have come a long way from the first 350z kits. My biggest complaint was forged performance bad mouthing one of their suppliers and then trying to sell me a kit from greddy that did not meet my goals and still used journal turbos. Supposedly these are tested more than GTM kits.... I think not! Greddy kits no matter what platform are pretty much identical. The only differences are a few pieces to make their kits fit your car platform. I have never seen any evidence that they are a superior product over GTM.
Im talking about their 370z TT kit... they more or less had to design it for GTM because it had a bunch of parts missing and other parts that were for 350z.

I too have had several people tell me to stay away from GTM...people who know Sam personally. Its always the same story: good products, but that shady business. Now I see the products aren't that great either so what am I supposed to believe?

Then I hear all you guys raving about GTM and thats very confusing because I know you people aren't dumb. Hopefully for all you folks, GTM comes through with the goods. When enough people who have been in the industry for decades tell you the same thing, it just makes me wonder.