View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just gathering info here and getting ready to do my first oil change now... have some questions:

1) This copper crush washer... Is it just some standard crush washer I can pick up a bag of at the hardware store? Do anyone know the size so I don't have to pull it before I run down there?

2) I'm still baffled by the whole Nissan Ester Oil thing for the VVEL, and all of the conflicting recommendations about using synthetics. I'm not tracking the car, but I drive pretty hard for street driving. My last car I was using Mobil 1 and changing at 3k every time (this was an LS1 engine), and I was pretty happy with how the engine turned out at the 100k mile mark. My 370Z is closing in on 2K miles now and I'm overdue if anything for getting the factory break-in oil out of there. Am I going to get ugly valvetrain noise if I use a quality synthetic? Does the Nissan ESTER stuff matter for engine wear purposes or is it just noise-related?
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote