Thread: RhinoRamps 8000
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

FYI I picked up some Rhino Ramps recently for my 370Z. I went with the 12K ones since I'll be using them for other cars too, but they're the same slope angle. Another reason you might want to use the 12K is they're wider. Even with the 12K model, there's not a lot of clearance tire-width-wise.

If you don't have the Sport package's front spoilers (the long one as well as the two little ones in front of the front wheel wells) you might be able to use the Rhino Ramps as-is. However, to clear the little spoilers in front of the wheel wells, I found that I needed to place some boards in front of the ramps. You could probably do it with a peice of 2x4 at each, but since I was at the hardware store anyways, I had them cut up some 1x8 and 2x8 for me into 2ft pieces. Lay those sideways and you get nice little 1" steps to the ramp and avoid spoiler clearance issues.

The clearance provided by the ramps was adequate for me to work in the front-middle of the car (I used the ramps to torque the two bottom-rear header bolts and the rest of the front part of the exhaust), but obviously without jacking up the rear you'll have issues working underneath the rear half of the car.

Speaking of oil changes, that's my plan for those as well: drive onto the rhino ramps, then use a jack to raise the rear of the car to level it out again.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote