View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Intake manifold / throttle bodies

I haven't taken mine apart yet, but I've been looking at some of the mods people were doing on the single-TB VQ35 engines. The two things I'm looking at in this area are:

(1) Can we enlarge the volume (as with the "plenum spacer" solutions for the VQ35) on this thing without affecting the stock strut tower brace? I would assume the stock plastic engine cover might have to take a hike.

(2) Can we help chill this thing out by bypassing coolant flow? Looks to me like there's coolant lines going into the throttle bodies to prevent icing, and it may flow into the intake plenum's edges as well.

Any mfgs looking at this area yet, or has anyone else already pulled it apart and looked around?
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote