View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 09:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
NewYorkJon34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Fairlady Z
NewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond reputeNewYorkJon34 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
well the stock fly wheel may need resurfacing if you got it really hot and warped the plate. and its a pain to resurface two-piece flywheels so a lot of places would just replace the whole flywheel. surface grinders don't like parts that move, i've done it before but you would have to have lockout pins made to hold the top piece from turning, and it's a pain in general. chances are you're flywheel is fine though. if you drive the car on the street i would stay organic for the clutch material as it is the most forgiving. i would change the fluid first and see where that gets you. I had 10,000miles (16,000km) on my clutch when i put in my jwt clutch and flywheel and i still had plenty of material left on the stock clutch. I rarely see clutch replacement prices go over a thousand. but stealerships love to screw people on maintenance. just drive down to St Louis and have Lou hook you up.
How do you like your JWT clutch/flywheel? Better Performance wise?
NewYorkJon34 is offline   Reply With Quote