View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #218 (permalink)
Pablo Z
Base Member

Drives: BLK/BLK Sport 7AT
Pablo Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Hmm...those numbers seem a little low to me, considering (a) the mods you have, and (b) you used a hydraulic dyno, and those types of dynos are actually notorious for giving readings on the high side compared to normal roller-type dynos. It might have something to do with the pulls being done in 5th rather than 6th. I remember another member by the name of wstar went through the same issue. The problem, if I remember correctly, was that neither 5th nor 6th give a 1:1 gear ratio in the 7AT models. Never the less, you did get a nice gain, so congrats on that!
I must admit I was somewhat surprised also considering what Tony got on the LTH comparison runs from SpecialtyZ and also considering that the timing changes were kicked out by the ECM during the pulls with his customer. This tuner claimed that the timing changes (didn't reveal exactly what they were) he made were not kicked out. I asked him about the pulls in 5th and he said that 5th is closer to 1:1 than 6th or 7th which are essentially overdrive.
He was also really surprised at what the motor put out in 4th.
Pablo Z is offline   Reply With Quote