View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
WICKED_GRIN
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Roadster Black
WICKED_GRIN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Which was my point. He tried to imply that the 4 muscle cars were much higher priced than the Z to justify their higher performance numbers.

The prices of those 4 models (excluding the economy and "collector" versions of each) are priced exactly where the Z is.

EDIT:

To me, this whole "sports car vs muscle car" argument has been incredibly overused on these forums. It's the knee-jerk reaction as soon as some other car shows a faster 0-60 or 1/4 mile. When someone mentions the TTS or Genesis, they scoff at the "wanna-be's". When someone mention muscle cars, they start screaming about straight lines vs. curved lines.

The truth is, it isn't 1970 anymore. Unless your choice in life is between an Auto-X driver and a professional drag-racer, the "sports car vs muscle car" argument means absolutely nothing. NOTHING. Today's consumer isn't going to buy a Camaro, take a turn on a highway and go "man, I wish I had a sports car instead of this muscle car".

If only you could convince Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Road & Track, etc. the proper usage of the term…..(pony) muscle car……. and sports sedan, GT, sports car, roadster, sedan, SUV etc……………just saying
WICKED_GRIN is offline   Reply With Quote