View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
That is because those vehicles have an "economy" version of their car where the Z does not. The performance vehicle of the American cars (V8) are all 28K+:
~Camaro - 30,945
~Mustang - 28,395
~Challenger - 31,585
Which was my point. He tried to imply that the 4 muscle cars were much higher priced than the Z to justify their higher performance numbers.

The prices of those 4 models (excluding the economy and "collector" versions of each) are priced exactly where the Z is.

EDIT:

To me, this whole "sports car vs muscle car" argument has been incredibly overused on these forums. It's the knee-jerk reaction as soon as some other car shows a faster 0-60 or 1/4 mile. When someone mentions the TTS or Genesis, they scoff at the "wanna-be's". When someone mention muscle cars, they start screaming about straight lines vs. curved lines.

The truth is, it isn't 1970 anymore. Unless your choice in life is between an Auto-X driver and a professional drag-racer, the "sports car vs muscle car" argument means absolutely nothing. NOTHING. Today's consumer isn't going to buy a Camaro, take a turn on a highway and go "man, I wish I had a sports car instead of this muscle car".

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.

Last edited by Matt; 04-07-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote