Thread: HFC install
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
abakja1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: STI, MDX, Titan
abakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond reputeabakja1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRich View Post
You guys with all this rounding really need to make sure that your socket is fully seated on the bolt. I sprayed my bolts with PB Blaster every night for a week before hand and then just before removing the cats. I used an impact swivel and an impact socket and while it wasn't easy everything did come off with no damage at all.

Here's the main thing. Make sure you do all you can to ensure you have the perfect angle before even starting to crank on the ratchet or breaker bar.
I think for those that have this problem, already missed the point...
Will try a swivel elbow and socket and try again at a later time.