View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #79 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Actually, the power to weight ratio isn't that much of an advantage for the SS. I've already done the number quite a few times in different threads, but the fact is that it's got a power advantage, but not a weight advantage. The Z is more than 500Lbs lighter than the SS.

For all I care, they can bash the Z's power all they want. But our V6 puts down more power than theirs with a LOT more advances in technology on top of it. The LSx motor is a great motor, but in the end, it's still old technology. And when the SS can't keep up with the Z in the twisties, it will be us bashing their crappy suspension and obese platform.

The LS3 that's in the SS is going to make the SS a very expensive car. What ever the balance is between the SS and the Z, you can put into the Z to make enough extra power to get into the 12s.

370z FTMFW!
You can get an 1SS for 30K, and modding an LS3 will be stupid easy compared to a 370Z. The only leg a 370Z has on the new Camaro is handling, as far as performance wise. GM's LSX motors are no joke.