View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
marcussoori
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Red AT Sport
marcussoori is on a distinguished road
Default Please help! Will these speakers/subs fit and sound good?

Hi all. Receiving my 370Z in the next week or so. After reading many threads, you all seem to say that on a Base car, upgrading the stock speakers means only two component speakers plus two tweeters in front, plus a sub. Below is the setup I would like to buy (because I bought the Pioneer BT90 head unit, and would like everything from the same brand):

TS-C720PRS component speaker set (6 3/4" speakers, 1 1/8" tweeters, 2 crossover boxes)

2 x TS-SW841D (8" slim sub) and 2 x UD-SW8U (underseat sub enclosures, 9 1/4" x 11 3/4" x 5 3/4")

Amplifier: NO IDEA!

I am not an audiophile, so I am looking for a good set of speakers, amps, and subs for around $700.

So, here are my questions:

1) Is it true I only need two components, two tweeters, and a sub (plus whatever amps and crossovers necessary)

2) Will all of the above items fit in the Z (exact specs are on the pioneerusa.com site)? Will the sub enclosures fit okay under the seats?

3) Are 2 8-in. subs okay, or should I do something else? Where should I put the sub/subs? Keep in mind I'm not a bass freak, just want 7-series Harman/Kardon levels of bass, perhaps slightly more. I just want good, clean sound, and want the system to last a long time (5 years+).

4) If the above setup is not good in your opinion, what would you suggest?

5) Considering I'm also having the BT90 head unit, PAC controller, rear camera full system, hd radio, and sat radio modules installed, what will be a fair total install price I should expect for the system (not including cost of the items already listed, so basically labor and cables and misc. parts)? I don't want to be ripped off!

6) Would I be able to save money by finding an independent installer in my area? If so, are there any sites for this?

Any and all help you could give me would be much appreciated. I just want to get this install done quickly and at a fair price, with minimal hassle and years of reliability.

Thanks in advance...
marcussoori is offline   Reply With Quote