View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #261 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
Not true at all. Custom tunes, if done properly, are designed for the actual car and the actual conditions it is being run under. No canned tune, no matter how conservative, can come close to the safety factor of a solid custom tune. I don't know what tuners you use, but any that would put you on the ragged edge with a custom tune without being asked to do so is no tuner I want to have touch my car.
by definition Jeremy, every car comes from the factory with a canned tune. It is safe, but leaves some on the table, which is why we do aftermarket tunes. There is no reason why a canned supercharger tune can't be just as safe, although it too will leave a little on the table.