View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2k View Post
I wish this were true, then I wouldn't have to clay bar it here in the next couple weeks before I wax it. I bought the car in July and they detailed it before I picked it up. I decided not to claybar it at the time, and have ran her through the touchless probably 10 times now.

There's still plenty of wax left, it really depends on what exactly the car wash is using, and which wash you pick. I pick the most basic one just to get the dirt off, as well as the under carriage wash to clean off any salt that might have gotten under there. I do not go for the "clear coat" or "protectant" premium washes, as those will definitely strip the wax.
Very true.

Probably shouldn't have been so generic, and just said, "many times it will..."