View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
adalsky
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z 40th Ann.
adalsky is on a distinguished road
Default Clear Bra Install - Many pics

*Disclaimer* I am a customer and not affiliated with the shop/installer.

Hey guys/gals - Picked up my Z today from MotoFX in Woodridge, IL.

I have to say I'm extremely happy with the results. There are two exceptions (one major). I'll get to those later.

I'm not sure how the rules work with company info, so please PM me if you want to know what I paid and who did it.

I got the entire car covered. The Front bumper, entire hood, fenders, side mirrors, doors, rocker panels, roof, A-pillars, quarter panels, spoiler, rear hatch and rear bumpers. Boy that was a mouthful!

The shop where the owner does his work:

Overall shot at home: For those of you that know, you can't see this stuff unless you look for "seams"

Plexus and a microfiber included in price:

Look how close they got to the emblem:

Again, look how close they got to the emblem:

Seam where spoiler meets hatch:

Seams where roof meets rear glass etc: I've included handy labels because even I get turned around

Seams where roof meets windshield etc: Including labels...

Turn signal: Perfect circles cut from a plotter...

Where the bumper meets the fender:

Where the top of the bumper meets the start of the hood: - This is the major exception to my 100% happiness with the install. Not sure if you can tell from the picture...but when the installer cut the plastic, he cut INTO the paint!!!! This is a big deal...the whole reason I went to them was to "protect" the paint. I'm sure you can feel my disappointment.

The "door shut" as brits say...or where the rocker wraps into the interior: I was very happy with this attention to detail. Now any scuffs incurred by my shoes will be averted...cool!

Passenger door: If you could see the job a different (much cheaper) installer did on my wife's car...you'd appreciate just how close these seams are!

Spoiler meets hatch: I was happy with how high they put this piece.

My second bummer (minor): I was under the impression this portion of the paint would be covered. If you think I'm being picky, please understand I'm trying to protect the paint from rocks, tar, etc. This is one of the most vulnerable parts of the car - can anyone say burnouts?

There's no film past the red line.

Rear bumper detail: Was way excited that they covered this much. I can now install the rear plate without worrying about it rubbing/scratching the paint. Can anyone say OCD?

Last edited by adalsky; 03-24-2010 at 08:51 PM.
adalsky is offline   Reply With Quote