View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #509 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Alright: Another update on the Z1 Transmission mount.

Things have definitely quieted down a lot from where it started. I took a 320 Mile trip over the weekend and it was not all that bad. Vibration and noise are still there, but its about 30% of what it used to be. Shifts are still loud and clanky, but that will be alright for some. It still is a bit coarse through the rev range, but I would say it is livable for the more hardcore folks.

I would say adjustments could be made to the mount to make it less harsh and that its a nice upgrade, specially for those folks who are hitting the track. After much deliberation the time has come for me to make a decision about whether I want to keep it or not; whether the trade-offs are worth the small gain in feel and responsiveness.

I have chosen not to keep it. I think its a good mod with potential, but it needs to be changed a little before the level of NVH is acceptable in my opinion. I say this at the risk of falling out of favor with certain people, but in the end the real value of these reviews and tests is to be as honest and straight forward as possible.

I hope everyone was able to gain a little info from my experience, hopefully we will see a V2.0 of this mount coming up!
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote