View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
adalsky
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z 40th Ann.
adalsky is on a distinguished road
Talking 40th Anni 370z - wash/clay/wax

Hi folks. Was finally able to spend some time with the car. This process was done over three days after work before the sun went down.

I got the FinishKare "ABC" decontamination supplies delivered. I found the process a bit intimidating...so I only did the first step. I think I'll try all three on a different car.

Here's a shot of the step 1 mixed 4 parts water to 1 part #1119. If it's hard to see the liquid, it's because it's white like milk. It's petroleum based, so use a dedicated wash mitt if possible (I say this because the one I used now smells like gasoline...even after two laundry sessions).

I did maybe two panels before rinsing it off thoroughly. I then washed it 2 bucket style which resulted in these two pics:

and

I then dried and applied my Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax.

After removing the wax, I tucked it into the garage for the night:

Day 2

I bought wheel locks with the car, but hadn't put them on yet. So I thought it was a good time to pull the wheels. Once off, I cleaned the wells with water and an old mf. I then dressed the plastics with 303 Aerospace. I waxed the calipers. I washed, clayed, and waxed the wheels.

The rear wheel dirty and without any locking lugs:

Wheel removed:

Dirty plastic:

Dirty caliper:

Wheel well and components all clean:

Dirty wheel... I wasn't impressed with the "paint-job" on these wheels. The face is painted the same as the car. The inside is painted black and you can see they didn't paint the back of the spokes or inner rim. Seems lazy :sadwavey:

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener dwelling (don't let it dry!):

Wheel clayed and dried. Super smooth since they only have 30 odd miles on them:

Wheel waxed and ready for install:

Wheel installed with locking lug:

Day 3

Dirty front wheel well:

Clean:

Wheel washed/clayed/waxed and installed with locking lug:

Cleaned up the engine
Before:

After (I know, subtle difference):

Next up...clear bra installed. Pics will follow.

Thanks for looking!
adalsky is offline   Reply With Quote