View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCherryZ View Post
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hi-jacked?

well, kinda VERY ANNOYING but i got my question answered......
lol sorry

This happens when the questions aren't taken seriously.

You ask if its ok to shift into second at 60+. Or in other words, would you start a 60-roll in second or third for a race?

The answer is don't do that. The reason is that you will have to shift into third immediately. You will waste time shifting where you could have been accelerating and that will cost you more speed than what you gained by starting the race in second. 3rd gear at 60+ puts you somewhere in the 4500RPM i think and that should be OK as far as the power band, however I think you're better off asking for a 40-roll and starting in second.

I think the reason why your thread was derailed is because we don't like street racing around here and there is hardly any other application to your question.