View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
phantom21
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Base+Sport 6M
phantom21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It's certainly the same bolt that gives everyone trouble.

Clark had the same problem with mine, but after removing the intake boxes and rearranging some things, he was able to get enough room to do his magic. Mine may not have been as stuck as yours, however.

I wish you were back in Augusta so you'd have the Performance Center to check out. I'd keep putting something like PB Blaster on it, and try it again next weekend. My buddy had a similar issue, so he just sprayed it every day for a week, and had no issues when he went to remove it.

Yeah Matt, I had the same issue with mine. It took both guys at Performance to get mine off. Ultimately, it took getting a torch in there and literally melting the bolt to free it up. I got some pics in this thread of it. HELP!! Rounded PITA top CAT bolt

Good luck, because I would have never been able to get it out. If the guys at Performance couldnt get it that way, they were going to take the header off.
2009 PG 6spd Sport || 30% side tint, 15% rear || All Redline fluids || Berk HFC's intalled~PITA Bolt || Stillen G3's || Berk CBE || BC Racing Coilovers with 10K/12K Swift springs & RA valving|| SPL rear camber arms || 20mm/15mm spacers
phantom21 is offline   Reply With Quote