View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #1009 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
honsetly the kit is going to be about damn near maxed when you buy it from either company. a general rule of thumb for car with a drivetrain as sturdy as ours is to limit it by the psi no the horsepower. an 8 psi turbo kit and an 8psi supercharger kit place equal strain on the block. superchargers make less power because it requires hp to turn the supercharger either way 8psi of air with the same ignition advance is going to generate the same cylinder pressures. right now the highest i would take the stock motor is in the 7-10 range depending on how ballsy you are.
I think we could get away with 10 psi on a good 93oct tune. As far as being maxed out, I don't think the Stillen kit is near maxed out. As I understand it, they have enough room on that compressor to go well beyond the limit of our internals.

Anyone know what the max psi is for that blower?
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote