View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
BlackCherryZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 BC-Z M6
BlackCherryZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDZRVIT View Post

Burning a quart of oil per 1000 miles is an acceptable amount in the automotive industry whether it be a Veyron or an Accent. I would be checking my oil at every fill up and also carry a quart in the car at all times.

well, if indeed you had a Veyron, which burns oil as stated, i do not think you could/would say such a thing............but, on the other hand, if ppl had that kinda of money, no need to worry.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooDooBrown View Post
Sense of entitlement?? Are you ******* kidding me? The only reason I posted was to get more information, and share my experances, because there are people here who are going through the same damn thing... Maybe I am asking too much for a car that doesn't use a qt. of oil every 2000-2500 miles, exp. considering there are several members on this fourm who have no issues at all.... I am sorry, I don't claim to be a master mechanic, or anything like that, I just know that from the cars I own, and the fire trucks I drive, this is a bit abnormal... But as far as entitlement?? I busted my *** to buy this car, and I want to make sure it is around for a long time.... That is all....
100%

some ppl can handle it and some not....... i guess i am on the NOT-side... as i said, having had a similar issue, it is NOT acceptable/tolerable.....

in any event, hope everything gets taken care of..........

AND, instead of dictating what is right/wrong or acceptable/unacceptable, i believe we should give OP suggestions, if not condolence.......
BlackCherryZ is offline   Reply With Quote