View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #858 (permalink)
stormcrow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo TT
stormcrow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
We will release our boost number, in our press release. It's not like we think we have some magic amazing boost number. Obviously it's above 4 pounds and below 10. We just prefer to announce that number in our press release.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea how much boost Vortech has used in some of their previous kits. That would be a question for Vortech. Keep in mind this is not a Vortech kit...This is a Stillen kit utilizing a Vortech compressor. All of the engineering, testing, and development has been done by Stillen.
Kyle, as much as I appreciate your candor, I still cannot grasp the reasoning behind not stating the actual PSI used to reach 422whp. I, as probably does everyone else reading this thread, understand that the boost level used to reach this number may change with the release of the kit. Whether it goes up or down in the production kit isn't as important to me as knowing what PSI was utilized to create the dyno posted in this thread. Again, I cannot fathom any legitimate reason (but, I can certainly think of plenty of illegitimate ones) why this number has not been posted. It truly does leave those of us (well, at least myself...I hate to speak for others) on the fence about which kit to utilize wondering what Stillen has to hide.

If you can give me a logical reason for waiting for the press release to state PSI after having posted a dyno chart, I will be satiated. Until then, I will probably continue to pose the same question over and over again.

And I understand this is a Stillen kit. But, you quoted another member here on their reasoning behind why 10psi would not = CARB legal. I see this as you insinuating that this is the reason why 10psi or better was not used to reach the horsepower shown in the posted dyno. I am not comparing your kit to the Vortech kit. I am merely stating that 10psi can pass CARB and I honestly do not buy that your dyno pull posted was done on anything less. It it was less, it was certainly more than 8psi.

The reason I am so verbose in my questioning is due to having been promised the world by Stillen salesmen when I researched and purchased one of your SC kits for my now sold Pathfinder. What I was sold and what I received were two completely separate items. Not physically, but in quality and performance. Having been in this game for quite some time, I am looking for complete transparency from vendors.

Speaking of tranparency, keep in mind that whatever PSI is posted in the 'Press Release' will have to reproduce 422whp all day long or people will feel duped.
stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote